December 21, 2015

Gift Card Holder Idea

Did you know you can make a gift card holder from a toilet tissue roll? They are exactly the right size when flattened!

teal gift card holder

If you are grossed out at the thought of reusing something from the bathroom, use a paper/kitchen towel roll cut to your desired length. I think I’ve heard in half is just right.  I covered mine in patterned paper but you can also paint it if you choose. Sometimes they are made from a great colour of kraft cardboard and you can use it plain! 6x6” paper is large enough if I recall correctly. (I made this ages ago!) I start by stapling the bottom closed and flattening the sides with my bone folder. I trim the top and bottom if necessary. They are usually fine but occassionally they are wonky.

I tend to add lace at the bottom before I glue on the paper. You can use liquid glue or Scor-Tape. Then I add some embellishments to the top edge. You can add wire, ribbon or twine as a hanger. I added some beads to mine. I hope you like this idea and can incorporate it into your gift giving. Easy Peasy right? If you use this idea, I’d love to see what you make!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: