December 21, 2015

Dashing Through the Snow Card for The Shabby Tea Room

I love the sweet pastels in this week’s The Shabby Tea Room inspiration photo. The soft blue and white are so lovely and wintery.

dashing shaker

I cut the blue paper with a die with a wave shape and mounted it on a white 5.5x6” card with silver paint pen on the edges. I cut a shaker window and added a ton of filler! I’ve got a bit of everything in there from 5 types of sequins, seed beads, glass glitter and Martha Stewart star and heart glitter. I didn’t put a backer on becuase I wanted the ‘slope’ to show through. I added some snowflakes with rhinestones glued on and last but not least I added the word die cuts.

tsr wonderland

I know it’s a busy time but be sure to join us this week! You know you’ll need thank you cards and/or get well cards soon! and who doesn’t love a wintery snowman or snowflake card so off you go to your crafty space! Go, Go, GO!! Make sure to leave some love for all the SUPER Talented girls on the design team! We all work really hard to bring you some awesome inspiration each week!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
patterned paper: silver bells-Kaisercraft, white CS-PTI
Ink: faded jeans, broken china Distress
Accessories: Labels 1 Nestabilites, dashing, wave-Memory Box, shaped rhinestones-Nail salon, snowflake dies-MFT, acetate-PTI shaker filler-MS glitter and microbeads, Pretty Pink posh sequins, theresa collins sequins, recollections glass glitter, Lucy’s Cards sequin mix, Pilot silver paint pen, fun foam-Michaels

2 comments:

Caryn said...

Love the design of your fun and festive card. Gorgeous cookies too - wow!
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is GORGEOUS! I thought it was absolutely brilliant of you to leave the back of the shaker portion open so that we can see the whimsical snow drift behind it. I also think you color palette is dreamy and I love how you filled up your shaker window with so many pretty little sparkles and shiny things! You have a great eye for detail and the metallic touches really take this to the next level of elegance! Thank you so much for sharing this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and I hope your 2016 is filled with even more crafty goodness!