November 18, 2016

Chicken Soup Get Well

It’s the 3rd week of the month so have a sketch challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges. It’s full of amazing possibilities.

floral swag get well
I find get well cards to be harder than most as I’m not into cutesy images and there seem to be few vintage or classic style images to use. So when I saw a sale on this stamp set I grabbed it quickly especially since I already had the matching dies! The image was stamped on ivory cardstock and coloured with Copics with the gold spoon coloured with a gold Wink of Stella pen. Underneath is some messy gold thread.  Instead of plain squares across the top, I had the idea to use daisies but three wouldn’t fit and still look right. So I decided to use three roses and add the daisies in between. It looks way too bare up there so I added some branch-look floral wire, some gold stamens and a few leaves. Last but not least, a few tiny buttons and sequins.

C4C363Sketch

Isn’t it a great sketch? Even if you are busy this week, maybe you can sneak in a few minutes to make a card! The entire team would love to have you play along with us!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: