November 07, 2016

Day 1 Flourishes Release… Again!

Apparently the calendar was incorrect and the set we are releasing today is My Cup Overflows!

fl cup overflow wm

I bet you haven’t seen one of these in a while! It’s a waterfall card if you aren’t familiar with them.  You can get instructions over at Splitcoast Stampers. I stamped the images in various places on square die cuts. Then I cut a mask with a slight border and placed that over the image. Sponged ink was added and the image coloured in. I got the idea from a recent card by Debbie Hughes.

fl cup overflow 2 wm

The background was stamped with the little mug image from Must Be Santa on top of patterned paper. I love this paper, I would have bought an entire pack if it was available! Ombre woodgrain? What’s not to love? Just so you know, in the photo above the card isn’t crooked, it’s just that it was hard to photograph and the pull tab was sitting a bit crooked.

fl cup overflow 3 wm

So fun right? I hope you love this fabulous set. It’s in the Flourishes store right here My Cup Overflows.

cup overflows wm

I can’t wait to see what the other girls have created. There may be a delay for some of them because of the mix up as to which set we were featuring today. Visit all their blogs to see the versatility of this set!

Flourishes Blog
Barb Thompson
Beverly Cole
Linda Lucas
Naomi Gong
Tricia Traxler

Enjoy, Rebecca

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Very cute. I have never done a waterfall card, although I have done lots of fun cards over the years. I will have to make one of these!

kReN said...

Waterfall cards are such fun! I love that coffee set and it is perfect for this style card. TFS!

Cherylann said...

I have never seen this type of card before and I think it is great. That the theme is coffee only makes it better IMO

wildchild/swapbot