November 03, 2016

Shabby Fall Branches Card

I was looking at a few challenges and trying to come up with a card that would fit. While pulling some supplies, I realized that now that I’m on two design teams, I don’t just make what I feel like making much anymore!

shabby fall card

So I just started creating with what felt like fun! In the end it turned out it did match one of the challenges after all! The greenery and pinecones were handmade using Susan Tierney Cockburn dies. It definitely takes a while to make the pinecones but I thought they turned out very cute and pretty realistic. I used my little Delicata copper ink pad to highlight the tips of the scales.

For the background, I started by adding gold crackle paste through a script stencil. Then I added more stenciling through a Moroccan style stencil with green ink. Some random gold splatters, clear crackle paint and evergreen ink competed the background. The cluster in the corner includes burlap, twine, ribbon, a gold stamen bunch, tiny flowers, lace, cheesecloth, the large fabric flower and the greenery and pinecones. I also dabbed some gold Stickles in random places all over the card. Finally I added sequins, a butterfly sticker and a bit of brown ink distressing.

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered in: the Paper Players Tic-tac-toe challenge #319

pp319

I used die cuts, pine and ribbon if that wasn’t obvious!

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is very pretty! It's a work of art! Love all the elements, especially those pine cones! Thanks for playing with my tic-tac-toe challenge this week!

Hannelie said...

Rebecca this looks amazing!
A beautiful collection of elements.
Thanks for joining the tic-tac-toe fun at The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Isn't it fun when you just get to play with your supplies?! SO happy our challenge inspired you to make this gorgeous creation. So many beautiful details--it's an art piece all on it's own. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Colleen Begley said...

Very pretty, Rebecca. This looks like it was super fun to create. Thanks for sharing with the Paper Players this week.