January 29, 2011

Dino Lolli Covers!

I have boys so while most treat packaging ideas out there right now are pink and red, I made these in boy colours. They aren’t for Valentine’s Day anyway so they sure don’t want PINK {{GASP, EWW MOM!}}

dino lolli cover

Awww, aren’t these cute?? I love how the one dino looks like a tree top since he overlaps a tree on the DP! These are very quick and easy to make and use very little supplies. You can get 10 from one sheet of CS and 12 from one piece of 6x6” DP, both with a scrap leftover! It did take a while to cut out the dinos but if you had a small enough punch, it would be quicker. I only have 1/2”, too small and 1 1/4”, too big!

dino lolli cover2

To make them, cut strips of cardstock, 2 x 4 1/4”. Score at 2 1/8”, the center and for the ends, I moved my paper on my score board to the 1/16” mark and scored at 3/8”. I just turned the paper to do the other end rather than trying to figure out where to score it. Cut the DP to 1 3/4” wide and 1 1/2” high.

dino lolli cover tut

Here you can see that I have scored the cardstock, added Scor-Tape and punched one end. NOTE: I’ve used the small end of the Crop-a-dile to punch these; I ended up using the large one and I was sure glad I had scored a bit larger than 1/4”. You want to make sure that your holes at both ends line up so I used the previous holes to mark the other end. You want to add the Scor-Tape BEFORE punching so you don’t have to piece the tape on both sides of the hole.

Easy right? I hope you try these out! Can you believe I even had brown lollis to go with. What flavour are those anyhow? Maybe root beer? Hmmm…..

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Tiny Treats:Valentine-PTI
Ink: Memento black
Paper: Artichoke CS-SU!, DP-Archaic Basic Grey
Accessories: Scor-Tape, word window punch-SU!

3 comments:

Paper Bagley said...

“Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you”
Yep...I picked you...really enjoyed my look around, thanks for sharing your art work...I'll stop by again, Tootsie from oregon

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm Shawna (ShawnaJ on SwapBot) and I'm one of your partners for the "Follow My Blog" swap! I am a scrapbooker as well and wanted to say WOW, what a reat job you have done offering your tutorials here! I am privately following your blog and will be back to explore more at a later date! I have a crop tonightso I'm trying to finish up dinner and work on the swap at the same time! Thanks for a great blog!!

Jamie M. said...

Super cute. You make very cute stuff. If you get a chance check out my blog.
http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/