January 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink. January Blog Hop - Shabby Baby Onesie Card

This month we were supposed to play with a stamp set that hasn’t seen any love or perhaps no love in a while. I absolutely LOVE Just the Ticket set so I decided to pair it with an older set I haven’t used as much, Bitty Baby Blessings.

ticket baby love

The bottom of the card is stamped with another older favourite, BB: Hearts. I scored two lines 1/4” apart above this area as guidelines for the Scor-Tape and glitter application. Then I added half a doily above that. The word baby was cut from a larger sentiment, stamped in brighter pink ink and glittered using a glue pen. I used the bunny from the baby set to add a baby image to one of the tickets since I’d already used the ducky then I threaded all of the tickets on the twine. Then I added the flower corner and the pearls to the corners and as the onesie snaps. I will write in the name and date when I find out who I’m giving it to.

Wouldn’t this make a fabulous birth announcement with a photo of the baby in place of the onesie? Or a generic photo of baby feet or hands?

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
PTI as above
Ink: chestnut-ColourBox chalk, Rose red, chocolate-SU!, Sweet blush-PTI
Paper: sweet blush CS, pink DP-SU!, doily-Wilton,
Accessories: twine-Etsy, pearls-Dollarama, flowers-stash. Glitter-Art Institute, Copics- R00,11 YR02, Y21, 00 (to tone down the ducky), ticket die-PTI

21 comments:

Pam W. said...

Oh my, this is so sweet. Love the softness of the colors.

Cathy Weber said...

Lots I like on this card. The flowers and pearls, the little images on the tickets, the way the tickets are hanging on the ribbon, the colors and the fact that you can have this card in your stash all ready for a sweet little baby girl to be born!

Karen C. said...

What a sweet card. Love the way you used the tickets on the bottom and the doily makes it really spot on.

Jen Adcock said...

This card is so pretty. After marvelling at this adorable creation, I bet you wonder what has taken you so long to really love this set up. Just gorgeous! I love all the care you've taken with this card too..even down to photographing it. Just perfect.

Renee said...

So cute!
I love the way the tickets are hanging.
Wonderful card!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is absolutely the cutest and most gorgeous baby card! Here's what I LOVE about this.....those tickets hanging off the twine like a banner (FAB idea BTW), those tiny images stamped on the tickets, the tiny roses in the corner, and your perfectly placed pearls. If I only had these sets, I'd CASE this immediately!!

Helen F. said...

Sweet pairing of two great PTI sets! Love this adorable baby card, Rebecca. :o)

Kelly S. said...

Oh so sweet in pink! I love those little tickets hanging on the twine, and the little rosebuds are adorable accents!

Susan said...

I love this card Rebecca! I love the soft colors,the doily in the background, and the tickets - too cute! I have a grandbaby on the way, and you're right - this would make a great birth announcement! Thanks for sharing it!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I've had to make so many baby cards lately.. I pulled this set for my card too. I love how you added the tickets, also. I may have to steal your idea :)

Justine said...

this is precious, gonna have to take a closer look at these stamps!

Diane Jaquay said...

how CUTE!

Jen Carter said...

Love how you used the ticket stamps!! That is so cute!

AHadley said...

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you!!

This is an adorable card. I love the soft colors and the doily. The little outfit is just so cute! Great job :)

Kay D said...

So soft and delicate- this is just precious!

Lorraine said...

This is so adorable! Love all the little details you put into it.

Stephanie said...

Look how cute!!!! Love the tickets dangling near the bottom. They add so much interest to the card. Absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Cute card. I really like the hanging tickets.

Linda Suarez said...

So cute! I love the soft colors. I used Just the Ticket also, I love this stamp set. What a sweet way to use the tickets. Thanks for sharing.

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a pretty baby card! The tickets make it so fun!

Chris L.

jen said...

This is just too sweet for words! The combo, stamps, details are all so lovely!!!