January 09, 2011

Capella Card for Unscripted Sketches

I needed a card for a very sick friend who recently found out she has a very aggressive form of cancer. I gotta say, no fun writing out that one. Sad smile But with this sketch and some new paper, I made the outside work at least.

capella katie get well

The sentiment was especially hard but I found a sheet of 12” long  stickers, all in strips, with several phrases per strip. I thought this one was perfect AND unexpectedly, matched the paper. I mean, how often does that happen?

US-sketch-88

http://unscriptedsketches.com/2011/01/unscripted-sketches-88/

The chipboard flourish is sprayed with Glimmer Mist, although you can’t see it, it is sparkly IRL. I added the pearls, I love getting them at the dollar store because I don’t feel guilty using so many!

The card base is a gatefold card. The main panel is glued on the left and the sentiment is adhered on the right, then tucks under the cute little clippie thing. You won’t believe where I got the flowers. I found a cute headband at Reitman’s, a business casual women’s store here in Canada. They were $5 so I left them. Then I found them for $1.99 when I went back so I bought 3! Each has about 10” of ribbon roses, 2 rows wide!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
Capella-Basic Grey, ivory, blush CS-SU!
Ink: Antique Linen Distress ink
Accessories: headband ribbon, pearls-Kaisercraft, Dollarama, chipboard flourish-stash, Glimmer Mist-Tattered Angels, foam dots-Jody Morrow, clippie thing-Making Memories, ticket corner punch-SU!

5 comments:

StephC said...

Beautiful card! I'm sure your friend will love it, and find some comfort in your support. Great take on this week sketch.

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Becky Garrison said...

Can I just say that card really speaks to me, and it says you love your friend very much! I am sure she will love it. The card is lovely, the colors beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

Angy said...

Oh how beautiful. I love that paper! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for creating with us at Unscripted Sketches.

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love that piece of chipboard and The flowery trim. Great use of the Unscripted sketch.