February 24, 2010

Dragonfly Card for TE Card Drive

Taylored Expressions released a set a while back based on dragonflies. Some of the proceeds go to an organization called, “Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep”; they offer free professional photography services to families who have lost or are about to lose a preemie or newborn. Such a beautiful idea! I’ve made nighties and pouches before to hold babies that have died so I was very moved hearing about this organization and Taylor’s donations though I’m not a huge fan of dragonflies so I passed on the stamp set. Now Taylor is having a Card Drive for a local hospital where a relative and friend work in Labour and Delivery. They give dragonfly cards and a few mementos to families who have experienced a loss. So despite not loving dragonflies, I decided to make at least one card for the drive.

wisteria dragonfly

If you would like to participate, please see the details at Taylor’s blog post. Please read all the details, I forgot the bit about including an envelope for any card not standard size! Nuts, this measures 5x6” because I wanted to take full advantage of that fabulous DP! Not that I mind including an envelope but I simply don’t have any that size anymore. I used them all up for my craft show. Perhaps a clear one will do. Those I have!

wisteria dragonfly closeup
I was uninspired by the dragonfly component of this challenge until I remembered that Basic Grey’s Wisteria pack includes dragonflies and I just bought the 12x12” pack with stickers; I was sure there would be one in the bunch and I was right! I am not the biggest glitter person ever so for me this is quite a bit of bling though on the subtle side. The Labels 4 nestie shape is covered in diluted white Liquid Pearls, the dragonfly is covered in Antique Linen Distress Stickles and I scribbled with a clear Spica pen all around the border or the card several times for more shimmer.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Ink:
dusty concord, antique linen Distress inks
Paper: Wisteria-Basic Grey, white, amethyst-SU!
Accessories: Liquid Pearls, Distress Stickles, crocheted, silk ribbon-May Arts, Tiny Attacher, button-stash, dragonfly sticker-Basic Grey Wisteria 12x12” pack, labels 4 nestabilites, clear Spica pen, Copic BV02 to colour ribbon, EK Success large corner rounder, Cuttlebug embossing folder

1 comment:

Yoshi said...

I think that the "bling" adds a perfect touch. You are right, it is just the right amount of subtle.

Yoshi (libertunity from Swapbot)