December 14, 2013

Door Sign for Unscripted Sketches #235

This week I took inspiration from an unconventional source. An item from a women’s steals site.

RebeccaEdnie235

The item I was inspired by was basically the same, a sign for your door with a turning upper layer that rotates to reveal several different signs which I should at SheSteals.com. There was one for your dishwasher, clean vs dirty, too. There are magnets on the back to hold it in place. I would have added some lade or ribbon or more layers of paper but I wanted it to be weather-proof in case I left it out and it started to rain or snow. What I have to really remember is to not leave it out too long with the ‘Come on in’ left showing!!

door sign b

I made it with die cut circles of craft-a-board and patterned paper with a brad and a flattened bead cap in the center. The flower is made from a Memory Box cherry blossom die which I stiffened with outdoor Mod Podge also applied to the rest of the project. Unfortunately, outdoor Mod Podge is sticky even when dried for a long time, I feature I HATE (I hear Martha Stewart decoupage medium is weather proof and not sticky but I didn’t have any) so inside I added two 1” circles of naked craft-a-board so the larger circles would rotate smoothly.

un sc sk235

There is still one more spot on the under layer for another little note but I couldn’t think of anything else. I can still add something if I want to later. I’ll probably have to add a piece of paper or use Staz-on or archival ink because I’ve sealed it but it could work. These are quick and easy to make; contact me if you’d like the exact measurements. It turned out that three messages underneath would fit perfectly so just email me for the circle and cut off dimensions!

We will still be having sketches all through the holidays so if you find yourself bored at all be sure to come on out and play. Do you sew? Quilt? Knit? Do Mixed Media? Paint? Doesn’t just have to be basic card making, paper crafts and scrapbooking though of course we love to see those crafts! We welcome anything you create! We’d even be happy to see baking that fits the sketch! Please play with our super talented team this week too at Unscripted Sketches!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
Authentique, Craft-a-board-Ellen Hutson, chocolate, peach (don’t know real name) CS-SU!
Ink: Teal Zeal-Memento
Stamps: really old alphabet stamps
Accessories: Memory Box cherry blossom die, bead cap, brad-stash, Mod Podge, Circle Nesties

No comments: