June 24, 2012

Book Loans Album for Mom

I’d have sworn I already posted this project; I wonder if I did and it got lost, hmmm. I make this mish mash journal style album for my mom. She often loans out her sewing books and then asks me if I have them and doesn’t quite believe me if I say no because I have a bad memory. She started writing down what people borrowed then loses the papers! So, this is the solution!

book loans cover

Please click on the photos for a larger view. I tried to decorate some pages but also leave some pages empty for writing. I used a variety of ribbons to decorate the rings and a gorgeous Recollections rose.

book loans 1

The little circle hanging on the string is a Tim Holtz fragment tag. the other side has a little flower showing through some glitter and glossy accents under the clear plastic tag. I’m not sure why I photographed it like this (as I remember, I was in a hurry) but it hangs down slightly when the string is wrapped around the button. The right page is an envelope where I put some library cards for the books she lends out more often. I also gave her some library pockets to put in those books.

book loans 2

I used a lot of Webster’s Pages paper for this. I did a bit of stamping…

book loans 3

…and made some shaped pages.

book loans 4

Some of the pages are covered chipboard. One is a doily and some are just plain paper.

book loans 5

I also used a recipe card that was a stamped image I was given and some Basic Grey paper too. I’m afraid I missed photographing the page behind the recipe card Sad smile

book loans 6

This page is one of my favourites. I love the cherry chipboard and vintage magazine advertisement. The left page is meant to be viewed when turned 90 degrees.

book loans 7

Although certainly not an exact match, I tried to embellish the cherries to have green stems like IRL. The right page is one of the most embellished. I added a stamped image, pearls, a tiny key and a stick pin.

book loans back cover

and finally the back cover. Another vintage magazine ad and some lovely velvet rick rack.

I hope you enjoy my album, my mom did!

Rebecca

RECIPE: Sorry, I made this a year ago, I’m afraid I don’t remember much. Email me if you have a specific question.

No comments: