June 25, 2012

PTI June Blog Hop Challenge #2–Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

PTI blog hop logo

I ended up making 2 cards for this month’s inspiration challenge! I wanted to use some yellow too but when I tried adding it to my other card (see below), it just didn’t look right. Too bright! So, I made another one!

silver lining PTI hop

I hope it’s not too hard to figure out why there is a silver heart cut out from the cloud. Every cloud has a silver lining right? Or does the expression go ‘every dark cloud…’. I’m not sure, anyway…

silver lining PTI hop closeup

I added Glossy Accents to her little rain boots. Cute right? I used this month’s SFYTT for this card. Click on the sketch to go to that post.

SFYTTjun2012sketch

I hope you have fun with the rest of the blog hop. If  you enjoyed this card, I hope you will visit again; I have subscription thingies on my sidebar.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps
: MFT
Ink: Memento black
Paper: All CS and DP-PTI except white CS-X-Press It and silver-unknown
Accessories: Oval Nesties, cloud and heart dies-PTI, ribbon-May Arts, Copic Markers and airbrush system, word window punch-SU!, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Glossy Accents-Ranger, Mettler sewing thread

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love her little paper-pieced rain jacket!

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute cute card Rebecca.

Karen said...

inspired use of glossy accents on the boots. Adorable stamp and the yellow behind her is like the sun. So pretty. Karen
www.littlescrappieces.blog spot.com

Linda said...

What a cute card.

Linda said...

Really cute card.

Anonymous said...

Very nice card. Good use of the colors.