April 12, 2015

Vacation Island for Mojo Monday

I got some new Kaisercraft paper and it was so fun to play with it.

my island mojo

My mojo has been a bit low lately; I’ve been doing so much organization, it’s kind of sapped my creative energy. But as I worked on this, I just got more and more happy. I have to make a note to myself that anytime I’m not inspired I should go to this paper pad!

Mojo392

Click on the photo to visit the challenge.

To make the sun set background, I used Distress Markers. To make sure that the colours blended, I spritzed the stamp then dabbed off the area where the colours meet. Then I spritzed again. I love the effect! I stamped on the island using my MISTI to line everything up. It wasn’t perfect but it was user error. The MISTI placed the stamps exactly where I aligned them. I love this tool and it is totally worth the cost.

The card was sprayed with gold Glimmer mist when I was done and it looks great! Shame it doesn’t show up. I also added a few brushstrokes of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. You can’t see it very well as the angle isn’t right and the cracks are very fine but it does add a bit more texture. The button was don a while ago so I don’t remember what I did too well but I remember adding Copic airbrushing to change the colour. Then the ink stayed tacky so I covered it with, I think, Glossy Accents. The finish ended up kinda cracked and textured which was really cool. The charm is covered in Sharpie paint pen to change it from silver to gold.

RECIPE
Stamps:
My Island-WMS
Ink: chocolate-PTI
Paper: kraft CS-PTI, DP-Kaisercraft
Accessories: shell ribbon-May Arts, shell charm-Fire Mountain Beads, button-PTI, gold and white thread, Copic Markers, faded jeans, broken china, marmalade Distress markers, Rock candy paint, Sharpie paint pen

No comments: