November 30, 2014

Shabby Chic Tag

I am in LOVE with these Julie Nutting doll stamps. They take a while to either colour or paper piece but the results are really worth it.

shabby girl nautical tag

I love how the hair turned out on this one. I think I used E53,55,57 and maybe E49 for the very darkest areas. It’s hard to see the very fine detail but the legs are also paper pieced which is why the colour is different from the skin I usually colour. I added Copics for shading that matched the paper’s tone. In case you are wondering, yes, this is a very large stamp. I handmade the tag but it is close to a large standard tag, about 6.5” x 3”.

The paper is from an older Webster’s Pages; background (made of several papers), lobster paper (distressed and covered with Rock Candy crackle paint) and the paper piecing papers all come from the paper pack. I carefully cut out the paper around the tag reinforcer so it would show through. The little boats were coloured with Copics too.

I messed up the stamping of the feet, I got a double line, so I made the shoes slightly higher to cover that up. The stars are covered with a Wink Of Stella pen. The sand is a product called Mudd Puddles; it’s basically sand in glue in a small jar so you can apply it like molding paste. It doesn’t apply as smoothly but it is fun.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps: Prima
Ink:
Distress Frayed Burlap, Memento black
Paper: Webster’s Pages, vanilla CS-?, small premade tag
Accessories: star-Jesse James buttons, sand-Mudd Puddles, twine-reused from packaging, Copics, seam binding-Masterstroke Ribbon, lace-Fabricland, ticket-?, Rock Candy Crackle paint, tiny twinkles-TE, star, boat veneers-Studio Calico, foam squares-Sticky Stuff Store

No comments: