I made this cad for the Wednesday SSS challenge that just ended. Nuts, when am I going to learn I have to post these right away! Ugh!
This card was a struggle that I don’t often find when making shabby cards. I started by using a fancy tag die that I recently bought. It needed to have a larger middle part for stamping the sentiment so I partially die cut both ends leaving a gap in the middle that I hand-cut to connect them. But it just didn’t work right with the lace and ribbon I REALLY wanted where I arranged it. The fancy end on the left just didn’t fit well. It’s a pretty big die cut. So I ended up cutting off the fancy ends. After all that finicky die cutting!
The vellum I used was too white so I airbrushed it with an E53 Copic marker. Then I still felt it didn’t stand out enough so I edged it first with a Wink of Stella glitter pen but that didn’t look right, too uneven. So I finally swiped the edges of the vellum with embossing ink and dipped it in embossing powder. Why the uneven EP looks good but the uneven Stella didn’t, I’ll never know. The ribbon doesn’t appear to match but it does IRL.
If you look really carefully, there are a few tiny mirrored bits on the lace. The light only reflected on two of them, they look like dark dots. They are the centers of bright shiny gold sequins. I thought they were pretty so I am going to use them here and there. There are two on the sentiment panel too. The sequins were given to me AGES ago and I ignored them until now. I even forgot I had them! I’m so happy I didn’t throw them out!
Stamps: a.muse studio background script stamp (hard to tell it’s not part of the paper), SSS sentiment
Ink: Memento cocoa, Versamark
Paper: MME Record it, spring moss CS-PTI
Accessories: May Arts silk ribbon, lace-Fabricland, button-OA, twine, Foam Tac clear dimensional adhesive, gold EP-SU!