October 05, 2013

World Card Making Day!!

Welcome to my WCMD post! I’ve saved several cards I’ve made lately just for this special occasion! So sit back and enjoy! (Check out the end of the post for what’s coming up on my blog soon.)

First off a little card inspired by Jennifer McGuire or maybe Kristina Werner. But if Jenn made it the sentiment would be black and if Kristina made it there would be dash lines somewhere or rounded corners so I suppose that makes it all mine!

heart happy

I cut apart a SSS heart die to get just one heart to cut it from each of two banners. The background was sponged with broken china ink over the SSS Moroccan stencil.

Next up is a Copic coloured card I spent a TON of time on. Not only did the colouring take a long time but the card design did too.

tag slider card

It’s a surprise pop up card but I call it a tag slider card. I changed hte measurements of the tutorial quite a bit though as my card is larger. Cuz when you pull on the tag, the front panel slides up to reveal a message underneath and a place on the tag for a message!

tag slider card 2

Cool right?

tag slider card 3

tag slider card 4

tag slider card 5

The Copic colouring looks smoother IRL. Strange, soft colours usually fades completely on a computer screen. In this case, it actually shows up more strongly! Weird!

vintage hearts

I made this card for a challenge on Swap-Bot to go green and use coffee sleeves. I love the tiny corrugations and that one side of the cardboard is already removed. I die cut the heart and painted the ridges white. Then I used Versamark to add gold embossing to the edges.

And last but not least, two ATCs. They are still cards right? First, a mixed media piece inspired by a canvas I did for my bathroom. I’ll be posting that soon so if you are new to my blog and want to make sure you see it, be sure to subscribe or bookmark me!

sea mm ATC

I used a kraft cardstock base and added some sticky back canvas. Then I added two colours of turquoise, ivory and yellow-green Golden fluid acrylic paint. Then I dry brushed on some gold. I stamped the shell in Archival ink and added the ribbon and button when dry.

rainbow butterflies ATC

This one was sponged with a rainbow of distress ink colours on vintage sheet music paper. Then I added ink direct to paper on white cardstock so the colours would match the sponging when I punched the butterflies. And I added Copic markers to the centers. They are glued on their middles only so the wings can be lifted up.

Have a great WCMD. I hope you enjoy clicking on all the links and I apologize that this post wasn’t up right away. Coming up soon on my blog: how to make multiples of a project-3 parts, preparing, die cutting, stamping; 2 mixed media canvases and how to make a super easy super-hero cape! I also have a few jewellery projects to show you! Make sure you come back now, ya hear?

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
(Heart Happy)
Stamps:
SSS
Ink: Memento London Fog, Distress Broken China, Scattered Straw
Paper: white CS-PTI, DP-MME
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, Rock Candy Distress Stickles, SSS banner, heart dies, stencil, lifestyle crafts label dies

(Thanks-Tag Slider)
Stamps:
PTI Thanks all Ways, Flourishes Hollyhocks
Ink: Memento black, night of navy-SU!, HA-Field Greens, Frayed burlap, antique linen distress
Paper: Kraft, vanilla, moss CS-PTI, white CS-XPress it, DP-MME, vintage music paper
Accessories: Cropadile, 1/2”, 1 3/8” circle punch-SU!, Ornate ovals, Rose Creations dies-Spellbinders, mini scalloped punch-EK success, foam dots, Copic markers

(Vintage Hearts)
Ink:
vintage photo, antique linen distress ink, Versamark
Paper: Trousseau 7 Gypsies, kraft, vanilla CS-PTI, coffee sleeves
Accessories: SSS banner, heart dies, PTI heart die, white paint, gold EP-SU!, MOP button-ebay, lace-vintage, flower-Jesse James buttons, foam dots

(Sea Mixed Media ATC)
Stamps:
SU!
Ink: cobalt Archival ink
Paper: Kraft CS-PTI
Accessories: Golden Fluid Acrylic Paints, sticky back canvas-Ranger, MOP button-ebay, ribbon-stash, MS butterfly punch
In case you are wondering, the shell with the slit in it is a name holder from a wedding store.

(Rainbows, Butterflies and Music ATC)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

beautiful cards, I love each and every one of them! Happy World Card Making Day! :)