September 04, 2012

Sweet Bee Card for Mojo Monday

I liked the sketch for this week’s Mojo Monday so much, I decided to make a second card using it!

bee mojo_thumb

I just bought this stamp set second hand and I was thrilled that it went so well with some new paper too! The yellow hexagons just screamed bee to me! I LOVE the shape of this bee; it is realistic without being creepily so. I have a huge bug phobia but it looks sweet stamped right? And no icky, overly detailed eyes (I find totally realistic eyes especially creepy). The stamp set includes a body stamp to make the bee yellow but I have no ink that even approaches a colour that would coordinate with or match this paper. So I paper pieced it instead which also gave it a sweet yellow halo! I LOVE how it looks. Can you tell this card is going to be hard to part with? {{ GRIN }}

Mojo257Sketch[6]

Did you notice what I stamped directly on the patterned paper? They already had ‘be.’ on the paper; I added the ‘Bee’. I thought it made for a cute play on words! Then I added a little ribbon tab in place of the flag in the sketch. If you ever like to enter the M0jo Monday contest, be warned that I’ve found the judges are particular about seeing you not deviate from the sketch too much. Sure you can swap out the shapes and add a layer or two as matting but they really like to see all the elements and in the same places and relative proportions. I won in July and made sure every element was on there! I added a bit of washi tape sticking out from under the largest panel for a bit of interest.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
PTI
Paper: MME DP, kraft, rustic white-PTI, vintage music paper
Ink: Archival black-Ranger, London Fog Memento, Bordering blue-SU!, Old Paper, Vintage photo Distress
Accessories: roses-Prima, button card die-PTI, lacey circles, circles dies-Spellbinders, WRMK corner rounder, EK Success mini scallop punch, washi tape-Studio Calico

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So cute! Love the bee!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty and elegant too...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rebecca! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)