September 30, 2012

SFYTT September–Chic Thank You

This is my second card for September’s SFYTT. It’s for the family that hosted my sister’s engagement party. I would have put them in the same post but those linky things get mad if you try to post two cards from the same post. So scroll down to see the other card.

sfytt sept elegant

Nuts, I just realized that I messed up and reversed the panels on the left side. I like how it looks but I didn’t mean for them to be that way. They are seriously glued in so I don’t think they are going to move! I used some strong glue so that the panels would hold, considering they are only adhered on the one side. I used my scoring tool to make a pretty, elegant frame on the vellum.

The right panel is two die cuts stamped with Vintage Labels from PTI. The brown one has white embossing on it to make sure the white was clean and crisp. I love the paper underneath so I was happy this sketch doesn’t cover it all up and the vellum panels served two purposes. One, I didn’t want to cover up more of the background paper and two, like the card below, I didn’t have another paper I liked in the pack that coordinated.

sfytt sept2012sketch

Click on sketch to go to challenge post.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
frame-PTI, sentiment-SU!
Ink: Espresso Truffle Memento, Versamark
Paper: DP: Offbeat Basic Grey, white CS-Taylored Expressions, vellum-stash, brown CS-SU!
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, Label 1 Nesties dies, white EP-stash, MS scoring board

5 comments:

Unknown said...

All of your posts contain such beautiful work! I wish I were that creative. Keep the eye candy coming!
Liz (Lizziefx - Follow Me 6)

Katrina Alana said...

This looks very elaborate and elegant.

A girl with hands full of skincare said...

I absolutely love all the works you have made! They look so good!!
Jungpo Follow Me #6

Anonymous said...

These are really cute! I do have a creative side, but I feel like I am not very good. I would like to make homemade cards, they are so personal and really show the person that you care.

Dessie0416 Follow Me #6

Ingrid said...

Nice colours it looks very elegant
JustIngrid Follow Me #6