July 28, 2009

Cookie Box

I found the cutest tutorial for an Animal Cracker box at Inky Doodles. Since I didn’t have cards I HAD to do, I played with this template. It makes up so easily and quickly… which is why I forgot to cut the traditional oval hole in the front, working too fast! These would be so cute for all kinds of gifts. Mine is clearly cookie box frontfor homemade goodies but can you imagine making them for Girl’s Night Out-nailpolish, lotion, nail file? How about a kid’s party favour box with bubbles, candy, stickers little toys? It would make a great baby shower or bridal favour box too! Oooh, how about using it for the guest bathroom, putting tiny toiletries in it when you have overnight gifts!

This box isn’t too fancy so it should be easy to see how it is decorated. cookie box angle1 I stamped the  chocolate chips on the ribbon with chalk ink. the eyelets were brown but with too much grey so I warmed them up with my R59 Copic. You can’t see it but I split a circle Velcro dot in half, placing one half at each end of the flap to hold it closed. I am putting cookie box angle2 this on Etsy so I just used an easy name for an example of customization possibilities. Only thing you can’t see, the lid paper obviously has ivory hearts on it but it also has a  layer of hearts in chocolate  ink underneath.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Baked with love-CHF, chocolate chip wheel-SU!
Ink: chocolate, caramel, cocoa-SU!, chalk ink Color Box (twill tape), Versamark
Paper: vanilla, chocolate, cocoa, caramel CS-SU!
Accessories: twill tape-stash, WRMK-eyelets, Crop-a-dile, Foam tape-Jody Morrow, Cut n Dry Foam-Ranger, Velcro Dots-Wal-Mart, ivory EP-stash

5 comments:

Alysabeth said...

Wow great box;o)

I'll take your Toronto weather for our Vancouver weather any day. it's 10:30 and my 2 yr old is still awake because our rooms are sauna's:o(

Alysabeth said...

I absolutely enjoy your blog and would like to give you an award I just received. The keys is to pass it on to 5 bloggers that inspire you:o)

Firenze said...

Love the idea! How great - I'll have to use this for my next "hostess" gift when visiting friends.
Thanks for sharing.
Helen
Firenze Cards

Chris said...

I like it without the hole cut in it...thanks for sharing the link to the directions. Great box!

PS. I enjoyed talking with you yesterday!

Alex said...

Great box, too cute for words. Thanks for the link to the tutorial :)

Alex from England x