November 18, 2008

Purse Card Holder and Matching Card Sets

I made these for a craft sale and they didn't sell, oh well. At least I get to blog about them now! Instructions for making these are here. It is very easy to follow Andrea's directions. The only thing I changed is switching the order of adhering the side pieces of patterned paper to the cardstock base. They are two different widths, she has the wider paper adhered first and the narrower second. I prefer the wider paper on the outside (adhered second) so when you look at thcard pursese purse from the front, the 'sideseams' are as far from view as possible. A small detail but sometimes the beauty is in the details. I tried another small variation with one and wished I hadn't so I won't even tell you what it was!

Inside are 4 cards with envelopes, one from each set are pictured. You could fit a lot more than that, at least 8 I think. They are all a bit different, the pink ones are all verse-less, the plum ones have various verses on them, general sentiments anyone can use. In retrospect, I think the pink ones are a bit too plain, I had intended to stamp the pink pirouette card base with a background stamp but forgot. Even so, these are very elegant and a great gift. I find that everyone I know LOVES getting sets of cards as gifts from me. It would also be great just as a gift bag for any type of present, not just cards. They are pretty strong and would be even more so if made with double-sided cardstock instead of Designer paper.

I would love to get comments on what price point these should be set at. I guess you need to know the area because prices vary depending on where you live. I live in Mount Albert, a small town, partly rural suburb of Toronto. We are about 1 hour commute right to the centre of the city, the north edge is only about 30 minutes away, less in good traffic. I have heard of some gals getting $6-10 for one card in exclusive boutiques in tourist areas or big cities while others sell their cards for $2 or less in rural areas or on Etsy.com because of the high level of competition for sales. At the craft sale, I set my cards at $4.50 each or 5  for $20 so I figured this set priced at $22.50 was fair. All cards included some type of embellishments, like ribbon, rhinestones or buttons, not just paper layers. Leave comments below or email me!

RECIPE
Paper: Designer Series paper, the plum one is retired, the pink and red is Bella Rosa, currently available; pink pirouette, riding hood red pale plum and  confetti white cardstocks
Stamp sets: Sincere salutations, tiny asterisk from Rough Edges Alphabet, French Flair, Blossoms Abound
Ink: versamark, pale plum, chocolate chip, old olive, certainly celery
Accessories: tab punch, chocolate ribbon, gold cord, silver cord, white and eggplant grosgrain ribbon, flower punch, scallop punch, gold EP, stipple brush, red line tape, glue dots.
ALL BY SU! except stipple brush

No comments: