November 27, 2008

11th Anniversary Card

Do you find it hard to make manly cards? Me too, even if it is only for my DH. You think it would be easier knowing someone for 11 years! Yeah I know, 11 year anniversary...  known him 11 years... doesn't add up. In case you are wondering, I was not a mail order bride ;) but we did get married very quickly after meeting, less than 6 months, so I guess technically I have known him for 11 and a half years!

This card is basic, an easy layout, definitely masculine but I managed to add cherish anniv embellishments anyway. I thought it was a neat idea to use the tape measure twill tape cut at 11" to represent 11 years of marriage. I wonder how long it will take for him to notice. I started with a card base of River Rock, then added 2 pieces of ticket corner punched Designer Series Paper. I glued the twill tape over the seam. Then I stamped the square from Frames and Flourishes in Blue Bayou ink on the same colour paper and cut out the center.  I used foam dots to lift the frame up over the twill tape. The foam dots are SUPER sticky ones sold by Jody at her blog. The dots have the same adhesive on them as red line tape!! She also sells lots of other cool sticky stuff. I stamped 'cherish' from Lexicon of Love with Night of Navy ink on Vanilla CS, punched it with the oval punch and distressed the edges with navy ink to help it stand out. I realized you couldn't read the details of the stamp after punching it so I stamped it in the inside as well. It looked a bit boring so I added three brads to the bottom. Hope it inspired you to make some great man cards!

 RECIPE
Paper:
river rock, vanilla, Designer Series paper retired
Ink: night of navy, blue bayou
Stamp Sets: Frames with a Flourish, Lexicon of Love
Accessories: Oval punch, foam dots, twill tape, black brads, 1/16" hole punch

No comments: