August 23, 2018

Autumn Coffee Card

I just got my August Hero Arts card kit so I was excited to use it. When I make card, I often start out without knowing exactly where I’m going with it. But when I have a sketch to work with, it makes it so much easier!

coffee shaker

Today we have a sketch for you at Crazy 4 Challenges. The large center shape made me think shaker! I don’t think I could ever get sick of making and shaking them! I forgot that even Distress glitter sticks to the acetate sheet. I’ve done this before and it does finally settle so I wasn’t too worried but I was bummed that it didn’t make for a better photo! The cups are both stamped on patterned paper and coloured with Copics. The curvy cup reminded me of me and the other of my husband so I added appropriate sentiments. I hate coffee so switching them wouldn’t have worked. The background paper was from the Hero Arts kit, so unique. It’s thin though so I added a background layer of cardstock before die cutting it. The leaves were cut with Spellbinders dies, coloured with either Copics or Distress sponging then splattered them with first brown watercolour then gold watercolour. I did the same with the background.

I hope you can come by the C4C blog and join us this week!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: