July 29, 2018

Praying for You

Sometimes we have to make cards for some pretty serious occasions. We usually think of sympathy cards as being the hardest. But I find one other category is even tougher.

c4c 18 sea praying for you

Making cards for someone who is seriously ill or dying is definitely the hardest. Sometimes we can’t even make them for the person but instead for their family because they are too ill to appreciate a card. I call these hope cards as you can always hope for a miracle. Hope or sympathy cards were the theme at Crazy 4 Challenges this week. I usually use Thinking of You or a sentiment with prayers or praying in it if that’s appropriate. For imagery, I tend to go with the same things I’d use for sympathy cards. Writing inside the card is the hardest.

I used a Prima paper pad for the papers. The scalloped circle is by Spellbinders cut from Ocean Tides cardstock, but as the cardstock wasn’t bright enough, I added some BG15 marker. It’s a great way to use up some ink if your marker is too juicy too! The plain circle is actually stitched from Simon Says Stamp. The kraft card base was stamped with various postmark stamps from Rubber Buggy. They don’t show much, mostly in the torn areas. I distressed this card pretty heavily. Not sure why, maybe just because I haven’t done it in a while. I was working with the latest Global Design Project #148, case the designer.

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered In:

GDP#148

GDP148_Connie Collins

No comments: