January 20, 2018

You Put the Fun in Funfetti!

Ok, to start off, I thought I’d explain funfetti to anyone not familiar with the term. It’s a cake (or icing or donuts etc) filled with bright, multi-coloured sprinkles. Not on the top, right inside the batter. Mostly used for birthdays of course, the term is now practically synonymous with PARTY TIME!!

c4c funfetti lady

So it was the perfect sentiment for this stamp set by Ellen Hutson.The lady was stamped on XPress it and I coloured her skin and hair with Copics. Then I paper pieced her dress using My Mind’s Eye paper. I also Copic shaded the dress which makes it look way more realistic. For the balloons, I used dies by MFT and the giant partial balloon from the Ellen Hutson Yay die set. The strings are by PTI. To get the balloon string to look like it was in her hand, I carefully trimmed along her fingers and tucked in the string. A touch of glitter pen and some crystals on the balloons and I was done!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: