January 15, 2018

Sweet Baby Shaker Card

Our challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges this week is to be inspired by Rubber Ducky day! Who knew there was even such a thing? I’ve heard of some weird ‘holidays’ but really?? LOL!! Anyway, if you don’t have a ducky to use for your project, feel free to use another kind of fowl or bird.

c4c 18 sweet baby shaker

I had planned to make a baby card using a ducky stamp but when I pulled out a paper pad to use, I saw these lovely geese by Carta Bella! How perfect! I bought these Square Shaker dies from PTI a while a go but hadn’t used them yet. The scalloped frame is perfectly sweet! The goose paper was so cute I didn’t want to hide it so the shaker sits right on the patterned paper. It’s a little harder to build a shaker this way but I was careful to keep the shaker bits in the middle while I added the top.

c4c 18 sweet baby shaker2

I added sequins and beads from several packets by Lucy’s Little Things. I do like to mix and match! I layered on some die cut words from Echo Park. After this, I looked back and decided I didn’t need anything else. Normally I’d add ribbon, Nuvo drops or some other small embellies. But with the busy design on the patterned paper, it looked fine as is.

If you are looking for a challenge to join, pull out your bird stamps and get colouring! If you love to colour, be sure to also link up to Kathy Rascoosin’s 30 Day Colouring Challenge!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: