April 08, 2017

Penguin Wobble & Shaker Card

You know how a duck seems so still above the water but is paddling like mad underneath? That’s how I feel lately! I’ve been working really hard on cards for the SplitcoastStampers Dirty Dozen but I can’t show them here yet. I can’t wait until I can! (Want to see them now? Sign up today!) My blog totally doesn’t reflect all the work I’ve done and cards I’ve made! I haven’t forgotten about all you faithful readers! I promise!

Today however, I have a cute card for you for Crazy 4 Challenges. Our theme is zoo animals or just animals in general if you don’t have any wild ones.

c4c penguin shaker

This is a super fun, double interactive card! The penguin looks slightly distorted because he is perched atop a Wobble Spring! This one for some reason seems to angle upwards with the head close to the card base and the bottom up in the air! (maybe I played with it a little too much??? hee hee!!!) The ice floe was hand drawn, I don’t have a stamp to use for it but I think it turned out ok!

c4c penguin shaker2

Who says you have to stop with just one fun thing to play with on your card? I added a shaker to this card as well! It’s even a double sided shaker. What you see through the window is the inside of the card. To make it look finished inside, I added a reverse ice floe behind the one on the front. I just traced the first one flipped over and drew in the interior lines. When I write a message I’ll use the inside ice floe and the mirrored space next to it (where you would usually write your message) and just be careful that my writing doesn’t go into the shaker area. But my 5 yo insisted and I make him a card (he made me one) so this may be appropriated well before I have a chance to send it to anyone else.

The shaker is full of snowflakes, blue and silver sequins, tiny silver confetti and some clear gems that to me look like ice PLUS a couple of penguin friends for my wobble penguin! I hope you had fun seeing my card! Do you have time to play along with us this week! I sure hope so because this was so fun! (Have I said it enough?? Fun Fun FUN!!!) If you get the SSS card kit, this penguin was in this month’s kit along with some other adorable WILD!! critters!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

jojot said...

love your penguin scene.....great 'window' shaker.....always love a penguin exhibit at a museum or zoo