June 04, 2016

Watercolour Bouquet Kindness Card

I am branching out from card making and stepping into watercolour and calligraphy. I’m certainly not giving up card making but I think these other two skills will enhance my cards!

wtclr bouquet kindness

This bouquet comes after quite a few failed attempts since I took the Online Card Classes Intermediate Watercolour. I’ve been following some great videos on Instagram by quite a few artists who are so amazing. I am so grateful to them for the time they take to make these videos! It’s a much better painting than any other one I’ve attempted. I’ve learned to work in layers which really helps. And that I have to work looser and less structured because every time I fall back to that, my work looks like an 8 yo painted it!

This card is for the Crazy 4 Challenges for this week to make a floral card. Yesterday was a PA Day and set me behind posting this last night. Sorry for that! The stamp set it by Altenew, stamped in Versamark and very carefully embossed with black powder. I have to get a good black pigment pad so I can emboss with clear powder instead. I think I’m the only person left in the crafting world who doesn’t have a black Versafine ink pad!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: