June 10, 2016

Camping Father Card

Our challenge this week at Crazy 4 Challenges is to make a masculine card! I found this fun image on Graphics Fairy and went to work!

camping dad

The image was just black and white, printed on coated photo paper. I wasn’t sure if Copics would be ok with the coating so I decided to airbrush it. I used a variety of sized and shapes of Post It tape and washi for the masking. If you look closely, it is far from perfect but I like the way it turned out. In the end, I took a risk with using the Copics direct to paper on the sky and mountains and while they won’t blend, they seemed none the worse for wear, Whew! I thought this sentiment from PTI was perfect for an outdoorsy card. The hardware is very old from SU! and the papers are also old from Basic Grey.

I hope you take the plunge and try a masculine card! A lot of people are nervous to make manly cards because so many wonderful things we love like flowers and bling are off the table! Think about stripes, diamond or argyle patterns and natural colours. It doesn’t have to be for a man, a boy card or even a baby boy card would also work!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: