May 24, 2014

Shabby Watercolour Balloon for Unscripted #258

I really enjoyed the Online Classes Watercolour for Card Makers class. I learned I was not using enough water to get a really good watercolour look.

RebeccaEdnie258

I used lots of water for this! Actually, it was hard to mix the colours to match the papers so when I coloured it, it was too bright. So I tried adding water and lifting the colour to soften the overall look. It worked a bit but was still pretty bright so I added a wash of gesso over top. It worked really well but it dulled the stamping lines so I went over them with a pen.

258

It’s a really fun sketch this week with lots of layers for those of you who love them like I do! I hope you will come and play with us. Be sure to check out the awesome projects by the team at Unscripted Sketches.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Unity
Ink: potting soil Archival ink, frayed burlap Distress
Paper: chocolate CS-PTI, DP-Webster’s Pages, vintage music paper, watercolour paper-Windsor & Newton
Accessories: foam dots-The Sticky Stuff Store, watercolour-Windsor & Newton, lace-vintage, ribbon-May Arts

No comments: