May 26, 2013

Engagement Card for Max

Max is a wonderful woman who came into our lives as an autism consultant who, thank goodness, is paid for by a wonderful organization called Kerry’s Place Autism Services. She helps families navigate the difficult world of parenting a child with autism with kindness and a quiet dignity mixed with passion for insisting children’s rights are preserved. I recently found out she got engaged so I made this card for her; she deserves every happiness.

max engage

It is super simple so there isn’t much to say except to tell you how I got the variegated flowers. I used cube ink pads inking with autumn rose all over then with scarlet jewel very lightly in the middle then heavily only in the very center so I wouldn’t get distinct lines of where one colour stopped and another started. One flower, top left is all scarlet and one bottom right is all autumn rose. I’d switch those two if I made this again. IRL it is so pretty because I used REAL Swarovski crystals. They are so twinkly and amazing. I save them for the most special of cards. I hope she loves it!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
rose-SU!, love sentiment-PSX
Ink: autumn rose, scarlet-PTI, Versamark
Paper: sweet blush, vanilla CS-PTI
Accessories: gold EP-SU!, foam dots-Jody Morrow, ribbon-stash, crystals-Fire Mountain Beads, Imaginisce ribbon cutter

No comments: