December 22, 2012

Beach Bum Babe for Dec SFYTT and Tuesday Trigger

I am so sad that this is the last SFYTT! However, I am thrilled that it seems I managed to play every single one all year! There can only be fewer than 60 people in the running for the prize because (I believe) that’s all who played in November!

beach bum SFYTT dec12

This also works for Tuesday Trigger on Moxie Fab World. I am very disappointed in the photo (again) because you can’t see the shading I added to her skin. I made it look like she has a bit of a sunburn. It is obvious IRL but like the pretty gold glitter I added to the sandy areas under and around here, you can’t see it! Bummer, I hate that! You can see it on her cheeks but it looks more like I just didn’t blend them well!

beach bum SFYTT dec12 1

I made the flower using fabric from the bridal section of the store. You have to make sure you get polyester so that it melts properly and preferably a tight weave. I used two different kinds, I believe they were satin and georgette. Lots of different types of flower dies will work. I use a heat tool to melt mine, not a flame because you won’t have to worry about soot marks. I also use tweezers to support the petal as a melt it so I can’t melt it too much.

beach bum SFYTT dec12 2

As I sat and looked at my card, I regretted that I’d put the darker aqua panel on the right side, opposite the flower. I thought the flower would pop more against the darker panel. So I added the flourish to help it stand out more and I’m so glad it did! It’s the first time I’d used the flourishes with the matching dies and I was pretty happy with them. I don’t have many dies that need to be stamped after die cutting so I was please how easy it was to line up and stamp.

sfytt dec2012sketch

tues trig dec 18 12

Click on the pix above to visit the blog posts.

Here’s my link to all my SFYTT entries this year. http://eclecticendeavours.blogspot.ca/search/label/SFYTT

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
focal image-MFT, shells-SU!
Paper: all CS except white circle-PTI, white CS-X-Press It
Ink: Memento black, aqua mist, hawaiian shores-PTI
Accessories: fabric-Fabricland, brad-stash, glitter-Art Institute, foam dots-Jody Morrow, mini scalloped punch-EK Success, Nesties dies, PTI flourish die, twine, May Arts ribbon

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rebecca! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)