Our challenge for this week was nice and easy! Make a spring themed project! I was able to combine it with a swap I was working on called May Matchboxes to make two matchboxes and decorate them with May flowers.
Sorry the pictures aren’t so great. I desperately need a macro lens for my camera!
For this one, I used a rounded petal flower die for the basic part of the flower but I trimmed the petals down so they would be semi-pointed like a daffodil. The middle is made from an arc cut from the yellow paper cut with pinking shears to make the ruffley edge. The stamen is made from embroidery floss I stiffened with glue.
This one uses an ancient SU! set but I still like it when I don’t feel like or don’t have time for colouring! It is hard to tell, but the purple tulip is popped up at the bottom and double popped at the top. I may still add some pearls or a butterfly to the top corner.
Be sure to see what the other girls on the team made today! Their links are all on my sidebar. I hope you will leave them all some great comments. This one is so easy, you have to be able to play! Just make a spring-themed card or project and link it up to Whimsical Wednesdays with Mr Linky!
Ink: Versamark, banana, pale plum, perfect plum, apricot, celery, pink pirouette-SU!
Paper: melon mambo, white, celery, saffron-SU!, sweet blush-PTI
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, white EP (you can’t see it, I used it to colour a brad on the front of the one drawer), Art Institute Glitter (same), satin ribbon-stash (same), brad-Making Memories, embroidery floss (stamen)