March 31, 2009

YEAH, My Kid's Turn for Twinkling Tuesdays! Mickey and Minnie Get Married

Jameson, my 8 y.o. son,  is the Temporary Twinkie this month! We came up with a cute inspiration challenge I hope you will all enjoy! After looking at the photo, read the story we came up with to go with it!

mttsc16mickey THE STORY

Mickey is a Park Ranger working in the national forest. One day on his patrol, he hears a cry for help. He sees a beautiful girl mouse with tears on her face because she has fallen while hiking and broken her leg. The gallant Mickey comes to the rescue of the lovely Minnie, administers first aid, drives her to the hospital, waits for her to be treated and drives her home. They fall in love and the rest is history. However, a few months later, when Mickey goes to pick up his tuxedo on the morning of their wedding day, they have accidentally rented out all of the mouse-sized tuxes! So Mickey shows up anyway in his Ranger uniform. Minnie starts up the aisle and is surprised to see Mickey wearing his uniform but she doesn’t care because that is how he looked when she fell in love with him!

I was hoping to stamp a wedding invitation card but I couldn't find the Mickey stamps I know I have somewhere. I can always mttsc16 mickey card find my own stuff but when I let Jameson play with them... So Plan B-a simple Mickey themed card. The twill tape is hand-stamped with the Mickey head that came with the Disney alphabet I used. Jameson doesn't know this but he will get this card from me one day when he really helps me out when I'm sick or does something else really special. Of course, he is pretty special everyday! I've been meaning to stamp a bunch of cute little notes for his lunch-gotta do that one of these days!

Hope you all have fun with this, I know I did! I really hope you will play along! Please upload to SCS or PCP with keyword MTTSC16 or to your blog and link back here! Jameson and I will be sure to take a look at your work and leave comments! WE can't wait to see what you do with this challenge! Check out the rest of the Twinkle Team's work, links on the sidebar! <----------------------

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Disney alphabet, Gel*a*tins stars
Ink: Stazon black, black craft-SU!
Paper: DP-EK Success, black, confetti white, kraft CS-SU!
Accessories: Disney bellies-EK Success, silver brads-SU!, twill tape-UK, foam dots-Jody Morrow

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Loved this inspiration today Rebecca!! Now WHY didn't I know that this was your son's day.....I would have mentioned that in my post.....crap, I feel like a dummy lol! Anyway, love your card and that ribbon is super cute!!

Sandra MacLean said...

This was a great challenge Rebecca and Jameson!! Thank you for inspiring me to create a scrapbook page again! I love this Disney cartoony patterned paper you used. It's one of my favorites!

Heather said...

Super Cute card! This was a great inspiration challenge!

Danni said...

I must admit I had a few moments of panic when I first saw the challenge but then I really enjoyed it!!
Fun card you created!

Cassie said...

great challenge today jameson!! it was a lot of fun and really made me think outside my box!!

cute card rebecca! i love those mickey clips and ribbon.

Heather Schlatter said...

Rebecca I have so enjoyed going around and seeing how each of us decided to go with the challenge. I do not think any of us went in the same direction, but they are all so super cute!!!

Great Job!!!

Heather

Javablustamper said...

Rebecca!!! How awesome!!! Your card and this challenge!! Thanks for that!!! I am SO glad you share your talent and Jameson shares inspirations!!! Hope you are well!!!


Jacquie/Javablustamper

Darla said...

Hey that is such a cute card. I don't have any Mickey Mouse or Disney stamps - so I missed this sketch. You did a great job with it! I'm sure your son will love the card someday when you give it to him!