December 31, 2008

So Sketchy Flowers and Dots Card

WHEW!! Right in under the deadline for the So Sketchy Design Team! I don't usually leave things like this until the last day but it has been so busy with my son home from school! I really find these sketches really inspirational so I will do them more often even if I don't get on the DT; but I course I sure hope I do! {{GRIN}} Pretty Please!!!flowers and dots

I got these papers from Sweet Pea Scraps. They are a great little company supplying fabulously well matched papers, ribbons and bellies for a great price with none of those nasty rules of other bigger kit companies. Need to skip a month? Just say please! You get a cheaper price for committing to 6 months, but again if you need or want to skip a month, no big deal. Now that I am no longer a SU! demo, I am trying to branch out into other paper companies and this helps me decide where to start looking.

Anyway, that is my little plug for them, just 'cause they are so nice. Back to the card. The layout is pretty simple and easy to put together. The flower is stamped with chocolate brown ink using a French Script stamp. It is actually kinda hard to stamp a slightly 3-D object but I like that it didn't stamp perfectly; gives it more character! The button is clear backed with a scrap of the same paper as the label 1 Nestabilities die cut, just the reverse side. But there is a small surprise under the Label.
FLowers and dots hidden flap

TA DA!! I {heart} the pop of colour under there!! I deliberately cut out that portion of the paper because I liked the swirl. I did the same with the floral panel under the label die cut. In sewing, carefully cutting to get a specific portion of a design is called 'fussy cutting'; like when garment using an animal patterned fabric has one of the animals perfectly centered on a pocket. Or a pocket perfectly matches on a plaid shirt. Do we paper crafters have a name for it? I think the same expression works equally well here!! The So Sketchy sketch actually called for that flap, I love sketches with a little something extra like that. I tried adding more ribbon somewhere but it just didn't work; whadda think?

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
Crate Paper Blue Hill Collection
Stamps: sentiment unknown set, French Flair - SU!
Ink: Chocolate chip and Close to cocoa for distressing, Regal Rose -SU!
Accessories:
brad - unknown, Flower - Scrapbook Sally, clear button and sheer ribbon - SU!, foam dots, Nestabilities Label 1 die

1 comment:

Jessica Diedrich said...

ooooh, I like this!!! WOW! Such a creative idea! I am SOOO waiting on the Labels One to arrive so I can play, too LOL! This is a beautiful card, Rebecca! Happy New Year!!!