September 20, 2018

Pumpkins and Sunflowers

No!! It can’t be fall already, can it? I don’t like fall much because it means winter is close by and I hate the cold. But these images are too fun to pass up!

c4c 18 pumpkin sketch

Speaking of the images, the stamps are by Hero Arts from last year’s fall card kit. The images are all layered giving loads of colour to these simple shapes without any colouring. I researched sun flowers to come up with one that was non-traditional. There is a super pretty one that’s actually pink? They also come in a dark purple, a rich burgundy, white and yellow and the one I stamped, pink and yellow. It took me a while to come up with the perfect colour combos for both colours of the sunflowers and pumpkins but I love the final variety I was able to achieve.

C4C452Sketch

I arranged my elements according to the sketch challenge for this week at Crazy 4 Challenges. My base was some woodgrain paper then adding a gold mirrored die cut from Spellbinders. I tucked some patterned paper and lace under the gold die cut for some rustic charm and to fulfill the vertical panel on the sketch. I love the combination of rustic elements, the lace, woodgrain and autumn images, alongside the elegance of the gold die cut and embossing.

I hope you can play along with us this week! I’m running a bit late this week so you only have one more day to play! It’s a great sketch because you can do so much with it!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: