May 24, 2018

Smile Tropical Card

It’s time for another sketch over at Crazy 4 Challenges! I’d just gotten my May Simon Says Stamp card kit when I made this card so I just had to use it for this card!

c4c smile floral

As I often do, I treated the sketch as more of a suggestion rather than making my card match it exactly. I also flipped the sketch turning it upside down.  The clusters of leaves and flowers represent the circles on the sketch and the adorable little scalloped circles sub in for the small banners. I also added some yellow vellum, (that matched perfectly! Wahoo!) so the stickers would stand out from the busy background paper. I actually needed to use two layers to get enough opacity to cover the paper. I used a Hero Arts tag die to cut the tags but ran it through my die cutter again after repositioning the paper so I got a narrower tag.

C4C435Sketch

I’ve been having trouble with the program I use to write my blog posts so I’m afraid you only have tonight and tomorrow to play along but I hope you love this sketch enough to make some time!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: