March 11, 2018

Crazy 4 Chickens?

Sadly Crazy Designer Bonnie had to step down from the team but before she left she gave us her challenges for the month. This week she challenged us to use chickens as inspiration. Apparently she had chickens for over 40 years! I can only imagine how delicious those eggs would be! If you don’t have any chicken in your stash, feel free to use the closest bird stamps or papers you have.

c4c 18 eggs in nest

Yes, my card features eggs not a bird, but if you look carefully, you’ll see the birds I stamped on the cardstock in the background. A lot of what I used is from the Hero Arts kit from last month. The eggs and nest are die cuts, the branch is one of the stamps and even the small butterfly and tiny leaf branch were in the stamp set. I coloured the eggs with watercolour and sponged ink onto the nest except for the leaves which I coloured with pencils. After the eggs were dry, I flicked on some very dark brown watercolour with a tiny brush to get the smallest dots.

The watercolour I used is quite chalky which is normally terrible for watercolour. But this pan in particular works amazingly for lettering (use a brush to apply it to your calligraphy nib) and the chalky look was perfect for the eggs too. It’s a handmade watercolour by DesignsByRachelBeth on Etsy. Her darker colours are not chalky at all and have luscious pigments. I highly recommend them.

Fun challenge right! Pop on over to the Crazy 4 Challenges blog to join us this week. Be sure to link up your fowl creations by Friday midnight!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: