February 26, 2017

Happy (in) Love

How is everyone enjoying spring? We even have unseasonably warm temps here in Southern Ontario! We should be under 2 feet of snow but instead it’s almost all melted! What!!?? I’m happy but waiting for the other shoe to drop, metaphorically of course. We aren’t expecting precipitation in the form of footwear! {I crack myself up!}

c4c happy love

This week our challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges was to use a sentiment as a focal point. That was pretty easy for me as I have lots of large sentiment dies and stamps. I could have made at least 5 cards besides this one, maybe more! Do you have lots of large sentiments? There are quite a few available now. I recently bought this Love die set from Simon Says Stamp; it really holds it’s own on a card front especially with the shadow die cut underneath. I used several layers of white cardstock painted with gold leaving paint on top of a wood veneer shadow. The tiny hearts were cut from the scraps.

c4c happy love2

The hearts inside the banner aren’t dirty like they appear here. They are covered with Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen; mine was going crazy so I got too much on them. When the shimmer bunches up it can overwhelm the  colour beneath. IRL it looks way more shimmery and pretty! So my title might have gotten you curious. I had intended to say Happy in Love but I just couldn’t get the placement and type of letters for ‘in’ quite right so it had to stay the way it is.

Play along with us! Its a fun and easy challenge with simple rules, make a card using the theme and link it up!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: