December 02, 2016

Poppy Bookmark Card

It’s our Flourishes l.c. Friday Free for All Blog Hop again. It was my turn to choose the challenge so I picked one of my favourite types of cards – Interactive! If you’ve never made one, it means you construct the card in such a way so the card moves or the recipient has to do something other than just open the card.

fl poppy bookmark card wm

The focal panel is actually a removable bookmark! I used a PTI die which cuts a scalloped banner. I cut the first time only partially leaving the short straight edge uncut. Then I turned the die around, lined it up and cut it a second time also leaving the short edge uncut. This left me with one long panel with banner shapes at both ends. I scored it so it folds into what you see here. The white die cut is adhered  everywhere except where the book mark tucks in. To use the bookmark, just place the front in the place you want to save and fold the other part down a few pages past.

Year-of-Flowers-2wm

The poppy image is from Year of Flowers 2 which is a fabulous set if you love to colour flowers! I use it constantly! I just ordered a new set of 150 !! Prismacolour Premier Pencils so I used then on this image. They are so creamy and blend without using a blender pen! You just go over the join between two colours with one of the pencils. I look forward to learning more! If you’d like to make an interactive card, check out the tutorials at Splitcoast Stampers, they have a ton of cool ideas! I’m going to have a tutorial there the first week of January so keep an eye out for that! I am so excited!

Enjoy, Rebecca

Check out what the other girls on the team made!

Beverly Cole
Linda Lucas
Naomi Gong
Tricia Traxler

1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

So beautiful Rebecca!