September 16, 2016

Elegant Silver Anniversary Card

Friends of mine are having an anniversary party tomorrow and I offered to make the card for everyone to sign for the group gift.

25th anniversary

I don’t know the couple very well so I went with something elegant using only silver, white and grey. I had a million ideas but had to cut back until I had a solid concept. The background was stamped with a large damask stamp and embossed in white pearl embossing powder. The oval (Spellbinders) was cut from Silver Mirri cardstock and popped up with fun foam. Now the numbers were my favourite. I die cut them from grey cardstock 4 times each then stacked them. Some silver glitter (Martha Stewart) was added but to make sure it didn’t shed everywhere which seems to annoy most people (I find the discovery of random glitter quite delightful!!), I sealed it in with a lovely thick coat of Glossy Accents.

Last but not least I added a sentiment (Altenew) stamped on a dark grey strip of cardstock and embossed in white, some Swarovski crystals and a puffy silver-grey organza bow. I love how it turned out!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: