September 03, 2016

All White Elegant Anniversary Card

I love monochromatic and tone-on-tone cards don’t you? They are so elegant and soothing to look at. It’s the perfect theme for our Crazy 4 Challenges blog this week!

white-on-white ann card

Most of my card was made with die cutting today. There are so many beautiful and elegant dies out there that I decided to use them all on one card! Haha, just kidding! Have you ever been to Becca Feeken’s blog? She is a genius with layering different die cuts! I don’t know that I did her style justice but I did try! The background was embossed with a frame style folder (Sizzix) and airbrushed with a tiny bit of pale pink Copic ink.

white-on-white ann card2

Taking a photo of a white card is hard and even more so when there is a super pale colour involved so I’m afraid it’s hard to see the pink. All the rest of the layers are white except the little tabs between the top and bottom layers, to which I also added a bit of Copic ink; this time green. All of the dies I used are by Spellbinders and wow do they cut the best for super intricate dies. Most of these cut with one pass through my die cutter using a metal shim.

With the kids going back to school this week in many places and already back in many others, I can’t wait to see how many of you area able to find time to play along this week!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: