August 26, 2016

Winter Scene Card

Our challenge this week at Crazy 4 Challenges was to create a card for an upcoming holiday. Well, I don’t celebrate any holidays so I decided to just make a winter card.

winter boy and seal card

I used some cute little stamps by Penny Black to create a little snowy scene. The background was inked with PTI’s aqua mist, ocean tides and enchanted evening inks on aqua mist paper then I stenciled over it with modeling paste. The hill was cut with a Memory Box die and coloured with Copic markers as if it was reflecting the colours in the sky.

As you can see, the images were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed. But the eyes look weird all white and blank. So after I watercoloured the image, I put the paper back in the MISTI, carefully inked the eyes, the seals nose and mouth then restamped. Last but not least I added the finishing touches, the sequins and ‘winter’ word. There are a few more Copic touches in there, I inked the word with two colours for an ombre effect and added some colour to the white embossed lips and hair as they seemed a bit too stark.

Take some time to play long with our challenge this week! Everyone needs to make some cards in advance right? It’s always good to plan ahead!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

stampingcaz said...

This is totally adorable!!

Caz