January 06, 2016

Fawn Welcome Little One Baby Card

Everyone has a favourite type of card to make. While I love making shabby, girlie cards, my faves are baby cards! (by a thin margin granted) Any type, style or description!

fawn welcome little one

First off, I gotta tell you, it is very hard to photograph a softly coloured card that is mostly white without washing it out. But I’ve done my best. The outline parts look better with brighter light but then you can’t see the sentiment! The colours are much brighter yet still soft IRL. You can hardly even tell the leaves are coloured :(

These stamps are from Avery Elle and while reluctant, I used 120 lb Simon cardstock for the image. I would normally use Xpress It paper for Copic colouring but as I needed a whole panel, I use the cheaper (I think) 120lb Simon paper. And it works quite nicely for Copic colouring!

I Googled fawns (Don’t google faun by accident, weird stuff there!) and there were so many sweet images! I picked one with light fur and coloured my image even lighter for a delicate baby feel. I added the dots with a Sakura pen. I deliberately left this lacking typical gender colours so I could use it for either. I used my MISTI to line everything up perfectly and could have made (and should have made) quite a few at once. Have to remember that next time!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: