June 16, 2014

Pink n Lace Gift Box for The Shabby Tea Room

Yep, you read that right!  I won top spot for THIS card and was awarded a chance to work with The Shabby Tea Room design team for this week! I am so excited!

This week we were asked to take inspiration from the photo below AND make a gift or gift box or packaging. That was perfect for me!

roses gift box for tstr GDT1

I painted a paper mache box with a base coat of gesso, then with acrylic paint. The gesso helps the paint I added embossing paste using a very detailed damask stencil.

roses gift box for tstr GDT2

I added some feet by Tim Holtz which I distressed using white acrylic paint. I wasn’t sure how to glue them on but I found some No Nails which is a tube of super strong glue. It looks a lot like caulking but it is a different texture. It worked beautifully!

roses gift box for tstr GDT3

Here’s a closeup of the top. The roses are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the white fluffy things are from Melissa Frances. I made the beaded sprigs. The layers on top are toile-stamped cardstock, then a doily, then a label die cut with a stamped edge and then all the florals. I tossed on a lot of sequins including some to accent the lace on the side of the lid. The toile-stamped paper also has a ruffled edge.

roses gift box for tstr GDT4

I think this is the best shot I got of the side with the lace and embossing. It’s near impossible to see the sequins since they are transparent but they do sparkle nicely.

TSTR #223

Isn’t this a gorgeous inspiration photo? I hope you are all inspired and come and join us at The Shabby Tea Room  this week. You have until Sunday evening to play along. Just make sure you don’t forget to make a gift or gift project.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Vintage-PTI, toile-unknown-maybe PTI?
Ink: pretty in pink
Paper: white CS, doily (salvaged from local restaurant)
Accessories: roses-RRR, white flowers-Melissa Frances, foundations-TH, ruffled edging, lace-sewing store, paper mache box, beads and wire-Michaels, sequins-Ellen Hutson, MS paint, Making Memories paint, velvet ribbon-stash

2 comments:

Birgit said...

Your amazing box on the Shabby Tea Room really caught my eye. I just had to visit your blog to see how you made it and for more inspiration. Your box is so lovely as are all your creations! You certainly do have a gift for creating. Congratulations on winning the guest spot, you definitely deserve it.
Blessings to you~ Birgit

Suzanne C said...

What an elegant and feminine box! It looks like it belongs in the picture on the shelf. Beautiful box and congrats on your Guest Design. Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!