January 11, 2014

Sending You Buckets of Love for Unscripted Sketches

Isn’t this the greatest sentiment? Perfect to give to someone who knows they will be facing a difficult situation sometime soon.

RebeccaEdnie239

This card really needs to be seen larger for best effect. Feel free to click on it to enlarge it. It’s hard to see the circle right under ‘buckets’ as it’s white with blue lines on it and the glitter and the rhinestones at the top. I call it a bling strip and it’s worth noting because I’m going to tell you the steps needed to make one!

buckets of love2

When I looked at this sketch I was kind of intimidated. I wanted to do something out of the box, not just line up some strips of papers or cardstock or use striped paper. Nothing wrong with that approach, I just wasn’t feeling it. So I decided to swap out the long skinny rectangles for circles. Much better! But still too boring so I decided they wouldn’t sit in a straight line, I’d decorate a few and raise a few up on foam. The peach one has glossy accents on it.

buckets of love3

So, for the Bling Strip Technique, lay down super strong adhesive tape where ever you would like your bling to be. Be sure it is straight (mine isn’t quite but I couldn't fix it without ruining my card) and use a tape with no colour for white cardstock and white glitter. I’ve only found Scor-Tape to have no colour, red-line tape which I used here did have a bit of a yellow colour. Remove the liner and add various sizes of rhinestones. Start the largest ones making sure you add them randomly both in horizontal and vertical placement.

239

You’ll notice some of mine are off the edge of the adhesive, this is OK as long as not more than half of the rhinestone if off the edge. Next place your next size; no more than half the medium stones should be near the large ones. Next place your second to smallest size. These ones I started to buddy up to the larger ones. But not all of them. Don’t forget to place some off the edge and some by themselves or in doubles together. Last place the smallest stones. Don’t place these too far off the edge as not much will be left to stick! These can also buddy up to remaining lone stones but still leave some larger stones by themselves and place some smaller stones alone too. They are good fillers for empty spots but don’t feel the need to fill ever spot evenly either.

When that’s done, press down the stones with the back of your fingernail. It contains less oils than your fingertips and won’t squish down between the stones as easily either. Next fill in the remaining adhesive space with glitter. I recommend finer particles unless your rhinestones are pretty chunky. Standard fine glitter is OK or micro glitter.

I’m looking forward to seeing your take on this sketch this week! Are you going for the traditional shape but gonna wow us with your colour combo or embellies? Ombre was the first thing that came to my mind… or something out of the box? Whatever it is, just go for it! Be sure to come back next week, I have a WAY out of the next idea for you I hope you will love! See you over at the Unscripted Sketches  blog this week!!

RECIPE
Stamps:
SSS
Ink: Archival Black
Paper: white CS-PTI, DP-Studio Calico, vellum-scrap
Accessories: rhinestones-TE, yellow brad-American Crafts, circle die-Nesties, red line tape (not recommended). foam tape-Jody Morrow

No comments: