September 08, 2013

Baby Boy Bundle of Joy Card

I am NOT a quick card maker. I could be but I just don’t like to be. I always want to add one more thing or colour something instead of just solid stamp. So when I tried to make it under 10 minutes for the latest Craft Dash challenge… well, they don’t call it a challenge for nothing!

bundle of joy mojo

I used the latest Mojo Monday sketch for the basic bones of the card. And I rushed, or tried to. I’d never used this solid stamp before and did I remember to try it out first or condition it? Of course not. So when the Memento ink I’d set out didn’t seem to give good coverage, I pulled out my brown Archival ink and inked up the stamp, d’uh, I wiped it off because I planned to Copic colour it. More wasted time.

So I finally chose my new, never tried but much touted (by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner) Hero Arts Shadow ink in Cup o Joe. It still didn’t stamp cleanly! Ugh! I will give the ink another chance with a better conditioned stamp. I wasted like 4 minutes on that fiasco though and fixing the bad stamping with a marker. Overall, took me at least 25 minutes to make this card. I’ll still link it up because the rules say you can anyways and I loved the colour combo. You’ll see in my next post, I tried again and got closer but still didn’t make it. UGH!

My other challenge was the placement of the little mobile hanging things. I thought the stamp was designed so that you could stamp them in one shot. But when I went to stamp them, they just didn’t look right. So I test stamped them. This was well after the I shut the timer off in frustration. I realized I’d have to cut them apart to stamp them and match the hanging strings exactly. Sure look cute though don’t they? :)

Mojo309Sketch

Click on either photo to visit the challenges.

10 minCraftDash_25

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Taylored Expressions: crib, sentiment-PTI
Ink: cup o joe (crib)-HA, blueberry sky-PTI
Paper: saffron, natural white CS-SU!, simple stories DP
Accessories: baby outfit button-Jesse James buttons, ribbon-May Arts, foam dots-Jody Morrow, labels 1 Nesties, Copics

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Super cute baby card. Love your use of color and shading. :o)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Sweet card & good effort on the 10 minutes - it takes practice and having goof ups like the ink are a pain! Thanks for playing along in the 10 MInute Craft dash!

Betty said...

Ohhhh, so sweet. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.