June 07, 2010

Colin and Melodie Wedding Card

I was asked to make a wedding card for a group gift for my cousin Colin. No problem! I don’t know the bride so I found out what colour the bridesmaid dresses are going to be (black) so I decided to use white, black and gold.

colin wedding card

I also decided to go with an elegant style, I mean, with black, white and gold, how can you go wrong?!

TIP 1: When using the Bow Easy before today, I noticed that when you wrap the ribbon more than once, when the bow is tied, the loops are hard to separate so they point different direction like mine. So, here is how I did it. Wrap the ribbon as usual but don’t tie yet. Scrunch each ribbon tightly and clip to the Bow Easy with a clothes pin on both sides and tie as usual. This won’t work with a huge number of wraps or very small bows because the clothespins won’t fit on the template. But I used the largest and it worked just fine. By scrunching and clipping the ribbons, they are not overlapped inside the knot. This makes it easier to spread the loops out.

TIP 2: Need a longer or wider rectangle Nesties than is available? Here is what I did to get this long, skinny Nestie (Yep, I know long ones are available but I don’t have them and this one is really long!): Start by setting up your paper and die as usual. Roll through your die cutter ONLY up to the last three scallops. REWIND your plates instead of rolling all the way through. Move your die up to the uncut area overlapping the last 3 scallops or as many scallops as required to get the length you need. Use repositionable tape to secure the die and roll through. If you need enough length that you have to roll through 3 times: for the middle section line up the die as described above. When you are ready to roll the plates through, offset the top plate so it does not overlap the edge of the die that sits on top of the area that is already cut. This will prevent cutting off the area you already cut! Then continue as above.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
flourishes-Autumn Leaves, verse-Cloud 9
Ink: Versamark
Paper: white, black, gold CS-SU!
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, Rectangle Nesties, gold EP-SU!, Pilot gold ink pen (edging), May Arts ribbon, Bow-Easy

5 comments:

CarlaKH said...

wow clever way to make the die cut bigger! Gorgeous card!

Maria Matter said...

Lovely Rebecca, so elegant!!!
blessings!

Kevin Renz said...

Very elegant indeed and awesome little tips.

L.Wilson said...

clever girlie! what an elegant card, wow! that gold embossing and verse are lovely!

a.m. design said...

Oooohhh... very pretty. I really like all the gold accents, so elegant. Making wedding stuff is fun!