June 05, 2010

Asian Garden for Doodle Pantry

Hey there! It’s time for another AWESOME release by Laurie of Doodle Pantry! There is a little something for everyone this month!

asian garden june5
I chose this wonderfully intricate image of an Asian garden. It looks so serene and peaceful and I LOVE the little bridge over the water. Of course, if I was really there it wouldn’t be so serene because my kids would be splashing in it, especially with the hot weather we have been having. But back to the card…

 asian garden june5 closeup
Laurie created a fabulous sketch for us to use and you can play too! Just for playing, you get to choose one of two new release images, FREE! Yep, Laurie will email it to you JUST FOR PLAYING! And one random winner will get a package of goodies worth $25!! Come on, you gotta play! To see the images, visit Clearly iStamp TODAY!

june sketch 
I used Copics (of course) to colour the main parts of the image but I wanted sky and water colours I really don’t have (yet!) so I pulled out something I bought but had never used, pastel pencils. They are like a cross between chalk and a dusty (not oily) pastel in a pencil crayon format so they are very easy to use. Especially since I printed this image a bit too small considering how intricate it is. I coloured the sky and water, then blended them with a cotton swab as it is quite dusty otherwise. I really like the effect and it was very easy to blend from a deeper colour under the bridge to a softer colour where there was no shadow.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Image:
Asian Garden-Doodle Pantry
Paper: white CS-Taylored Expressions, sand, black CS-SU!, Asian paper-stash, green DP-MME
Ink: old olive reinker, sand-SU!
Accessories: copper Perfect Pearls (mixed with reinker to make a colour spritz), Glimmer Mist Masks, foam dots-Jody Morrow, ripe olive ribbon-CDS, Fiskars corner punch, Label 1 Nestabilities

6 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is stunning! What a great design. Your coloring rocks!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is stunning! What a great design. Your coloring rocks!

Mary Duffek said...

I love how you colored this awesome image. Love all the soft sweet colors....amazing!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Rebecca!! I can't wait to play with this image!
Too funny about your kids splashing about! lol
Enjoy your weekend!
blessings!

CarlaKH said...

such a beautiful and peaceful scene and your card captures this perfectly!

L.Wilson said...

Gorgeous design and spectacular coloring! Wow, it is so beautiful and almost looks like vintage asian style!