January 04, 2010

Thank You for Midnight Madness

This card is for MMSC34. I really like their sketches but whew, they are always very challenging. This one was a bit easier and I needed a break from making things for my craft sale. I enjoy the work but it is hard to know what people will like, how many to make, what colours, sizes etc. Anyone have any insights, please let me know!

midnight madness thank you
And here is the sketch.

I now kinda wish I had used larger petals so the card would look more balanced but I was working from my hand drawn version of the sketch, not from the one you see here. This one was in my iPhone, but it times out after 3 minutes; I have it set that way, I could change it but I’d forget to change it back and my battery would be gobbled up in no time so I work from my own sketch.

I think the only elements you might not be able to figure out easily are the photo corners. They are from a single Cuttlebug square embossing folder. I cut it diagonally to get two corners from it. Time consuming and fiddly but so pretty. The flower is actually two, one with 4 petals cut out from it and another with 6 petals cut from it. That left two larger pieces, I layered all 4 to get what you see on the card. The petals are sponged with antique linen and worn lipstick Distress inks.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Versamark, Distress inks
Paper: DP, pink CS-CTMH, vanilla, chocolate CS-SU!
Accessories: flowers-Scrapbook Sally, EP-Ranger, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Kaisercraft pearls, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Copics

6 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

What a pretty card - I love the bird image and the flowers you have used - I think they look great this size. Great use of the sketch, all of your effort has paid off nicely! I hope you enjoy your Craft Fairs, I have done some here and they can be exhausting but FUN! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we appreciate you support and love to see what you have done each week! We look forward to seeing you again! Happy New Year to you!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful card.. did you notice it matches your blog? LOL I love that....WOW We are off to a great start in the new year. Please be sure to check in tomorrow for some of the new changes with our MMSC. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and as always we love the inspirations our players give to us. Thank you :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Priscilla said...

Oh I forgot to type that you made it in time my friend :) We are making a couple of small changes starting tomorrow.

kathy s said...

what a pretty card- elegant and simple- love that stamp

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Rebecca-You have created one beautiful card for the sketch challenge this week. The bird image is so sweet and your colors perfect. I LOVE your cuttlebug corners. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness this week. Wishing your a Very Happy and Creative Cardmaking New Year!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Cassie said...

their sketches are hard but your card turned out lovely!