February 08, 2009

You've Got Purse-anality

I can't believe I got anything done today at all. I feel really yucky and slept practically all day. I wouldn't even have made this except I really want to win some Paper Trey stuff and this is for their sketch contest! So this is a super quick card; I know, it's kinda boring.  I did paper piece the purse but because all of the purse anality lines are straight-ish it only takes a few seconds. I do want to point out one thing. When I paper piece things made from seamed fabric (as opposed to wallpaper or carpet or a blanket) , I prefer to cut out separately each piece that would be cut separately from the pattern. I guess it is the sewer in me! For instance, a lot of people are paper piecing the Who's That Girl line. I think the sleeves should be pieced separately! Otherwise the paper's pattern continues from the body along the arm and doesn't look as realistic than if you pieced the sleeve separately. KWIM? Although the print here is small and not too noticeable, I pieced the main part of the purse separately from the flap or side panel as these would be cut from different pattern pieces IRL and the pattern of the fabric wouldn't match at the seams. I must add though that a few people, including my mom, would make sure the pattern was the same on the flap as the main part of the purse. She did this for a purse she made my sister.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
H and M
Paper: always amethyst- SU!, Basic Grey Gypsy paper pad
Ink: always amethyst-SU!
Accessories: Liquid Pearls, foam dots-SU!, Kaiser Pearls
Techniques: paper piecing

6 comments:

Lisa T said...

Cute card. :) Feel better!

Bonnie said...

You are so funny with your description of paper piecing.....it made me smile because my mom would be the same way! But I like your card and good luck! - although I would like to win too!

Kimmie said...

very cute! LOVE the pearls!

Jessica Diedrich said...

So soft and pretty! Love the little pearl "closure". :) Adorable!

Janna said...

Wow, I am impressed that you made this when you werent' feeling well, it is just gorgeous! I love the paper piecing and the punched side! great job!

Smiles,
janna

Julia Aston said...

Great soft colors on this - love the handle and pearl closure on the purse!